Handling and support
Warning / Caution
AVVENTURA / Optional sensors
• Do not concentrate on the AVVENTURA while riding. Always ride safely.
• Mount the bracket, sensor, and other components securely, and check them periodically to ensure that they are not loose.
• Do not leave the AVVENTURA in direct sunlight for a long period of time.
• Do not disassemble the AVVENTURA.
• Do not drop the AVVENTURA. Doing so may damage the device.
• When cleaning the AVVENTURA and accessories, do not use thinners, benzine, or alcohol.
• The LCD screen may be distorted when viewed through sunglasses with polarized lenses.
Handling the rechargeable battery
• Avoid charging in direct sunlight or in a vehicle parked under direct sunlight, and make sure to charge only when the ambient temperature is between 5 and 40°C.
• Before charging, be sure that no dust or other foreign objects are attached to the USB plug.
• When the connected PC is in the sleep state, the battery cannot be charged.
• Do not subject the device to vibrations while charging.
• Once charging is complete, be sure to disconnect the USB plug and securely attach the jack cover.
• Charging, discharging, and storing in high temperatures will cause the rechargeable battery to deteriorate faster. Do not place the light inside a vehicle or near a heater.
• If the operating time is significantly reduced even after proper charging, the rechargeable battery may be nearing the end of its service life. Dispose of the battery according to the disposal precautions.
If the device will not be used for a long period of time, store it in a location that is not too hot or too humid. In addition, charge the battery for about 30 minutes every 6 months.
Bluetooth® Smart / ANT+
Interference occurs in the following places and/or environments, which may result in an incorrect measurement.
• Near a TV, PC, radio, or motor, or in a car or train.
• Close to a railroad crossing, railway tracks, TV transmitter station, or radar station
• When used together with other wireless devices or some particular lights
GPS (Global Positioning System) is a system for receiving highly accurate position information from satellites in order to check the current position on the earth.
GPS signal reception
• It may take a few minutes after turning on the AVVENTURA for a GPS signal to be acquired.
• Movement is not recommended while the AVVENTURA is searching for a GPS signal. Wait until a signal is received before riding. Moving while the AVVENTURA searches for a GPS signal may result in more time being required to receive a GPS signal.
• GPS signal reception is best under open sky with good visibility of the satellite.
Locations where GPS signals cannot be received
A GPS signal may not be available in the following locations and situations, resulting in measurement being interrupted and prevent proper measurements from being acquired.
• In a tunnel, underground, in a building, between high-rise buildings, under elevated roads, in an arcade, etc.
• In bad weather (snow, rain, etc.)
• Near high-voltage power lines or cellular relay stations
• With the AVVENTURA screen not facing toward the sky
* Calculating speed using a GPS signal may provide measurement results that vary slightly from the actual values.
The Cateye Cycling™ smartphone app can be used to change AVVENTURA settings, view or delete trip data saved on the AVVENTURA, and import trip data from the AVVENTURA.
Downloading and using the application incurs communication fees. A Wi-Fi connection is recommended.
If the AVVENTURA or any of the accessories become dirty, clean with a soft cloth moistened with mild detergent, and then wipe with a dry cloth.
Never apply paint thinner, benzine. or alcohol. Doing so may damage the device.
Included parts / Optional accessories
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by CATEYE Co., Ltd. is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
Out-front bracket 2
Heart rate sensor
Heart rate sensor
• Optional sensor unit
(Accessories and battery consumption excluded)
CatEye cycle computers are warranted to be free of defects from materials and workmanship for a period of two years from original purchase. If the product fails to work due to normal use, CatEye will repair or replace the defect at no charge. Service must be performed by CatEye or an authorized retailer. To return the product, pack it carefully and enclose the warranty certificate (proof of purchase) with instruction for repair. Please write or type your name and address clearly on the warranty certificate. Insurance, handling and transportation charges to CatEye shall be borne by person desiring service.
For UK and REPUBLIC OF IRELAND consumers, please return to the place of purchase. This does not affect your statutory rights.
2-8-25, Kuwazu, Higashi Sumiyoshi-ku, Osaka 546 - 0041 Japan
Attn: CATEYE Customer Service Section
Phone : (06)6719-6863
Fax : (06)6719-6033
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
URL : https://www.cateye.com
[For US Customers]
CATEYE AMERICA, INC.
2825 Wilderness Place Suite 1200, Boulder CO 80301-5494 USA
Phone : 303.443.4595
Toll Free : 800.5.CATEYE
Fax : 303.473.0006
E-mail : email@example.com
Copyright © 2020 CATEYE Co., Ltd.